Today sees the start of the first ever UK National Photography Month. The nationwide initiative throughout June 2012 aims to encourage people to get more involved in photography and to explore new ways to capture and keep life’s most important images.
(Image) Diamond Jubilee fever is taking hold of the Isle of Wight, residents are reaching for the red, white and blue bunting to mark 60 years of the Queen’s reign.
No matter where you are across the Isle of Wight, there are going to be plenty of opportunities and events (view here) to get some great pictures to ‘capture and keep’ during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Be it at a street party, a festival or even just a family gathering, capturing that diamond moment can give you a memory to keep forever.
This month photographers from the Isle of Wight Digital Imaging Group will be taking part in National Photography Month by creating a digital album on their Isle of Wight Photo Agency website. Photographers will be encouraged to upload images taken on the Island throughout the month of June to support the NPM ethos ‘capture and keep’. For more details click here
To celebrate the launch of their Electric Woods ‘Blazing June’ event, Robin Hill Adventure Park & Gardens have launched a photography competiton for Isle of Wight Photography Clubs & Societies. This is the first chance for photographers to view the Electric Woods and to test their night time photography skills to the limit by capturing the creatively lit woodlands and gardens at dusk. For more details about the photo competition click here
Electric Woods ‘Blazing June’ runs between 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th June 2012. Gates open from 8.30pm to 11.00pm.
National Photography Month gives photographers young and old an excuse to brush up on their skills and hopefully take some amazing summer photos that will warm their hearts no matter how cold it gets next winter. For more details about NPM on Wight click here
National Photography Month 2012
The Photo Imaging Council and The Photo Marketing Association have come together with fourteen other organisations including National Geographic, The London Festival of Photography and The Royal Photographic Society to create National Photography Month (NPM).
NPM events from across the UK are listed on a dedicated website and highlights include:
* National Geographic Kids published book – ‘My Amazing Life In Photos’: Encouraging children to use the book as their personalised photo album to commemorate notable events in their young lives – sticking with NPM’s ethos of using physical photographs to document personal experience.
* My School In Focus: National competition involving 5000 schools learning through photography. Awards ceremony to be held 20.11.2012 at Somerset House for all finalists.
* Nationwide In-Store Promotions: Big name high street retailers such as; ASDA, Boots, Jessops, Snappy Snaps and Wilkinson will be running photography related promotions all throughout June.
* Royal Photographic Society: To provide expert speakers helping you to understand photography.
* The London Festival of Photography: Running throughout June in London’s most celebrated venues including: Museum of London, British Library, British Museum, Tate Modern, the V&A, and many more… Will play host to a world-class and citywide celebration of photography, encompassing street, documentary and conceptual styles.
* FUJI Golden Moments Competition: Offers local prizes and the opportunity to enter the national competition with prizes of FUJI Finepix X-10 cameras.
More details can be found on the www.nationalphotographymonth.co.uk website.
This article has been read 1839 times!